Assistant Communications Officer
University of Manitoba
Full time: 35 hours per week
Salary (Hourly): $26.18 – $34.21
Salary (Annual): $47,647.60 – $62,262.20
Proposed Start Date: 2016-07-25
- Undergraduate degree required. Focus on communications preferred.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered .
- Experience in a university advancement environment required.
- Two years of experience in a project management role with a significant focus on writing required.
- Experience related to communications project coordination an asset.
- Two years of experience in a client focused environment developing and maintaining strong, effective relationships.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational, communications and consulting skills required.
- Demonstrated understanding of university advancement required.
- Collaborative and team orientated approach to project management required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and be capable of producing high quality communications products in a variety of media-print, electronic, web-based, social media required.
- Writing and editing skills required.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, required.
- Coordinates, plans, develops, and implements key marketing communication initiatives (publications, web content, social/media collateral) and provides marketing advice and support as part of Marketing Communication Office (MCO) cross-functional teams.
- Participates in development of marketing communications strategies and action plans to address institutional and/or client focused objectives.
- Coordinates internal project teams to ensure timelines, objectives, budgets, brand representation are effectively met.
- Liaises with external suppliers, ensures projects meet deadlines, budget parameters, including vendor selection/approval, decisions with budget implications.
- Develops, implements procedures for tracking marketing and advertising.
- Performs project management function for select marketing communications projects undertaken on behalf of client focused areas.
- Participates as subject matter expert on MCO cross functional project teams, provides advice on effective University of Manitoba brand representations, and marketing initiatives.
- Provides support in delivering campus-wide special projects, events, including Convocation, Homecoming, recruitment events, identifies, recommends program and marketing opportunities through discussions with department/units across campus.
- Supports Manager, Special events in coordinating marketing communications initiatives, coordinates, develops promotional material for events, such as invitations, signage, monitors, interprets new trends in marketing, technology and identifies opportunities to apply, share knowledge within university environment.
Visit the University of Manitoba’s website to apply for this job by 4:30 p.m. on Â June 20, 2016.