Job Title: Bilingual Industry Services Coordinator – Communications and Events Application
Deadline: September 12, 2017
Contact Name: Cali Ramsey
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: The Bilingual Industry Services Coordinator – Communications and Events will coordinate and carry out communications and logistics for a variety of events and activities including film festivals, speaker events, conferences and special marketing initiatives.
Reporting to On Screen Manitoba’s Executive Director, the Bilingual Industry Services Coordinator – Communications and Events will work collaboratively with On Screen Manitoba staff and event partners to develop and implement communication strategies and event plans for several large-scale events and film festivals in Winnipeg. The Bilingual Industry Services Coordinator – Communications and Events will be based in the On Screen Manitoba office and will be spending certain days each week working in the offices of specific event partners.
– Collaborate with On Screen Manitoba staff and partner organizations to develop communications strategies that will broaden audience reach of specific events;
– Update content on various websites and social media;
– Participate in the planning, writing, editing, production and distribution of various reports, newsletters and publications;
– Special Events Coordination
– Contribute to pre and post-event planning and discussion;
– Develop and maintain timelines for projects;
– Research and coordinate the cost, schedule and location of events;
– Provide organizational and logistic support at events.
Skills and Experience Required:
– Post-secondary degree in a related field;
– Superb communication, verbal, written and editorial skills in English and French;
– A minimum of two years of experience in a related field;
– Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner;
– Exceptional organizational abilities and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize workload;
– Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office programs;
– Good knowledge and experience in website management (content, updates, etc.);
– Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans and materials an asset;
– Social media experience coupled with an understanding of search engine optimization and analytics an asset;
– An interest in understanding the workings of the media production industry.
Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage is an internship program for unemployed or underemployed college or university graduates. It helps graduates make the transition from college or university to the workplace, allowing them to hone their professional skills and begin a career in the heritage, arts and cultural sectors. An individual may be eligible for an internship if they:
– are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
– are legally entitled to work in Canada;
– will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
– are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
– will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
– are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
– are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
– are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program; and
– have not previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy.
Remuneration: based on an annual salary range of $35,000 – $40,000.
Duration of Contract: This is a six-month contract (with potential for renewal) starting October 1, 2017.
Please send your resume and a letter of motivation to Cali Ramsey at email@example.com by 5 PM Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
On Screen Manitoba leads the development of a dynamic media production industry that is recognized for its world-class creative and technical talent. Our members work in all genres and formats (in English, French and Indigenous languages) and have access to some of the best production incentives in Canada.