Reports to: Director of Communications
Position Type: Full-time, 37.5 hour weeks, requiring flexibility to occasionally work evenings, weekends, and overtime.
St. Boniface Hospital Foundation is Manitoba’s leading health-care fundraising organization. We are seeking a Communications Officer with exceptional writing and project management skills to join our dynamic team. We are passionate about helping St. Boniface Hospital provide patients with the highest quality of care, and giving our researchers the tools they require to make life-changing discoveries. You will be responsible for creating, writing, and editing materials in support of the Foundation’s communications strategy, fundraising programs, and stewardship initiatives.
• A degree or diploma in a recognized communications program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a communications role with a focus on writing, proofing, and project management.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, fundraising environment.
• Results-oriented, dynamic and enthusiastic team player, with the ability to establish positive relationships with staff, vendors and donors.
• Gifted storyteller with the initiative to perpetually search for potential stories and new avenues to tell them.
• Enthusiasm and natural curiosity for health care and medicine.
• Fluency in French would be a considered an asset but is not required.
• Develop and implement creative communication plans and materials for fundraising programs, stewardship endeavours, and donor relations.
• Create exceptionally well-written content, and project manage/execute our bi-annual magazine, Annual Report, direct mail, and lotteries programming.
• Collaborate with external graphic design and print suppliers to produce materials, including brochures, posters, invitations, and appeal/reporting letters.
• Contribute to all of the above by crafting story-driven, emotionally-based content that emphasizes donors’ potential to affect compassionate patient care and ground-breaking medical research.
St. Boniface Hospital Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The deadline for applications is April 13, 2017.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview. Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to:
Rita Groleau Executive Administrator St. Boniface Hospital Foundation
Fax: 204.231.0041 Email: email@example.com