Job Title: Communications Assistant
Application Deadline: 12 noon, Thursday, August 31, 2017
Contact Name: Glenn Hildebrand
Contact Email: email@example.com
Job Description: The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba has an immediate opening for a one-year term, part time (0.5) Communications Assistant.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Registrar, the Communications Assistant will assist the Communications and Quality Assurance Coordinator as an integral member of our team.
Duties for this position include:
• Ensuring that all general communication with members, stakeholders and the public project an image of cooperation and collaboration, while being informative and clear in the direction being provided.
• Supporting the Registrar and/or designate in responding to media inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Responding to general email and telephone inquiries, when appropriate.
• Ensuring the College website is current and effective and efficient to the reader.
• Preparing and publishing the College’s quarterly newsletter and bi-weekly Friday Five e-bulletin.
• Creating, implementing and maintaining online pharmacist profiles.
• Ensuring mailings and emailing to members are done in a professional and timely manner.
• Updating and implementing the College’s Communication Strategy on an ongoing and annual basis, including liaising with advertising consultants and media.
• Identifying areas for improving members and stakeholder relations through communication and consultation.
• Serving as a resource, and assist with general office duties, as assigned by the Executive Assistant.
Ideal candidate will possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
The ideal candidate has an understanding of a regulatory environment and is a graduate of a communications program at the post-secondary level with a minimum of two years of experience in a communications position. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and publishing software is required. Experience with database systems, website publishing and maintenance and social media platforms are highly desirable. The ability to communicate in French is an asset, but is not a requirement. Preference will be given to an applicant displaying the ability to function independently at a high level. The successful candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is committed to continuously expand and update personal knowledge and skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (College) is the licensing and regulatory body for the practice of pharmacy in Manitoba. The College’s primary role is the protection of the public through the regulation of pharmacy practice. The College has fulfilled this mandate since 1878 and has received both national and international recognition for the activities in support of that mandate. As a provincial, national and international leader for quality pharmaceutical care, the mission of the College is “To protect the health and well-being of the public by ensuring and promoting safe, patient-centred, and progressive pharmacy practice in collaboration with other health-care providers.”
Work hours and added benefits:
Located in Winnipeg, the College offers an attractive workplace with free on-site parking, competitive wage and benefits package including paid coffee breaks. The College maintains office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The College is flexible in scheduling the Communications Assistant within these hours for the equivalent of 2.5 days per week.
All interested parties are invited to forward their resume and letter of application electronically (Word or PDF) and in confidence, to Mr. Glenn Hildebrand at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those being interviewed will be contacted.