Job Title: Communications Officer
Application Deadline: May 12, 2017 Contact Name: Catherine Montgomery
Contact Email: email@example.com
The office of Dr. Doug Eyolfson, Member of Parliament for Charleswood – St. James – Assiniboia – Headingley, is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Communications Officer in the Constituency Office.
The Communications Officer supports MP Eyolfson in serving his constituents and stakeholders by ensuring effective communications management through digital and traditional media relations, accompanying the Member to all events in Winnipeg.
– Source advertising opportunities, organize office advertisements, and work collaboratively with the Executive Assistant to adhere to the advertising budget and schedule
– Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and ability to create ads, flyers, and posters
– Write new releases, monitor and manage social media, website content, and briefings for constituency office
– Work closely with Constituency and Parliament Hill office to ensure shared priorities, consistent messaging and development of a clear communications strategy
– Collaborate with the team to strategize, create, and execute a media engagement plan
– Create a weekly and monthly social media plan, while taking into account the ever changing dynamic of government
– Design and publish newsletters for both online and traditional mail distribution
– Assist with organizing and planning events for the MP to engage constituents
– Attend and document community events with the Member of Parliament and take photos when required
– Stay up to date on local and governmental issues and events
– Manage correspondence (email, mail, telephone)
Ideal Candidates possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
– Completion of post-secondary education in communications, public relations and/or relevant work experience preferred
– Must have strong organizational, communication, administrative and problem-solving skills
– Proactive and self-motivated
– Ability to respond effectively to overlapping and time-sensitive demands
– Team player, with the ability to work independently
– Effective communicator and listener
This is a full-time and indeterminate position. Compensation is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Candidates are asked to submit their Resume and Cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 12th, 2017.