True North Sports + Entertainment is looking for a communications professional to join our team!
What to be excited for in this role:
• Support True North’s publicity initiatives, particularly as it relates to community relations, True North Youth Foundation, and True North Square.
• Provide media relations support fielding inquiries, assisting with responses, and drafting media tools as required.
• Draft corporate tools such as media releases, key messages, web copy, and copy for collateral material as required.
• Oversee the curation and maintenance of media contact lists to ensure they remain accurate and up to date.
• Assume editor duties and responsibilities for True North’s quarterly publication, Our True North and other publications.
• Provide daily and/or as-needed internal communications through online newsletter and/or other platforms.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to explore and establish innovative and effective platforms to distribute internal communications.
• Conduct communications audits to identify and provide support to underserved departments within True North.
• Lead planning initiatives for events to support True North’s communications plan and events as-needed.
• Some social media tasks such as drafting posts/tweets.
What we need from you:
• A minimum of three to five years’ communications experience, demonstrated by a hard copy or online portfolio.
• Bachelor’s degree and post-graduate certificate in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or Communications Studies.
• A proven track record of working with the media though successful publicity campaigns or events.
• A passionate, creative storyteller with the ability to write creatively, competently, and consistently in both the editorial and corporate genres.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate layouts for publications, reports, and other projects.
• Previous event planning experience and superior organizational skills.
• Superior attention to detail and very strong organizational skills, allowing for timely completion of tasks/schedules, that affect multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information, when required.
• Previous desktop publishing experience using InDesign and Photoshop and telling stories with video will be considered a major asset.
• Previous experience telling stories with video an asset.
• English and French bilingualism is considered an asset, but is not required.
• Ability to work above and beyond normal responsibility areas during events and otherwise as necessary to ensure successful execution, including regular work in evenings and on weekends.
The Manager, Corporate Communications responsible for supporting True North’s external and internal corporate communications initiatives and planning, taking a lead in publicity and event planning.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations (in PDF format as one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include Manager, Corporate Communications in the subject line.
Closing date: Monday, May 22, 2017
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.