Job Title: Manager of Communications
Application Deadline: March 1, 2017
Contact Name: Janelle Dubois
Contact Email: TRN-Recruit@winnipeg.ca
Job Description: Manager of Communications, Winnipeg Transit
Posting #: 115022
Closing Date: March 1, 2017
The Manager of Communications will have management oversight of a full range of communications services for the department and will oversee the Department’s advertising contracts and passenger information activities, which includes managing a team of staff and the divisional budget.
As the Manager of Communication you will:
• Manage the Department’s strategic communication initiatives and provide media relations expertise on behalf of the Department;
• Lead and manage large, high-profile and/or sensitive external and internal communications projects driven by the Department, Office of the Director , CAO and/or Mayor;
• Act as the Departmental Spokesperson on an as required basis;
• Oversee the management of advertising contracts and passenger information activities;
• Identify emerging issues and proactively and effectively manage issues to preserve an accurate and promote a positive image of the Department and City.
Your education and experience includes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Political Sciences, Journalism or an equivalent combination of education and considerable experience in the field of public relations may be considered.
• Extensive experience in the management if high profile public issues coupled with 5 years related prior work experience in strategic public sector communication and/or public relations
• Experience in dealing with the media and establishing a network of media contacts (Print, TV, electronic)
• Experience with, and proficient using a variety of computer applications; specifically Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms/applications along with the aptitude for learning new software applications.
Conditions of employment:
• Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, skill and ability as they relate to the position.
• A Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense.
• Manitoba Class 5 license in good standing.
If YOU are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application, including a detailed resume, online at winnipeg.ca/hr OR, by mail quoting Posting #: 115022 by March 1, 2017 to: Recruitment Coordinator, Winnipeg Transit, 421 Osborne Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3L 2A2.
The salary range for this position is $2,2915.69 to $3,925.17 bi-weekly.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
For more information on this opportunity and other careers within the City, visit: http://winnipeg.ca/hr/