Marketing and Communications Coordinator- Dairy Farmers of Manitoba
Job type: Permanent, full time
Deadline: 18th January, 2019
Dairy Farmers of Manitoba (DFM) is looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join its team. With an excellent employee retention rate, DFM has a strong reputation within the agriculture and dairy industry. As an employer, DFM believes in the overall health and wellness of its employees. It offers professional and personal development with the ability to work autonomously and have a direct impact on the dairy industry as a whole.
Under the direction of the Corporate Communications Manager, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for increasing DFM’s brand awareness and fostering positive brand engagement for the dairy category. This individual will help enhance the positive image of DFM and its members – and the overall knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of dairy farming in Manitoba.
- Developing sponsorship strategies.
- Working with Dairy Farmers of Canada to see how DFM can align with national marketing programs.
- Securing and negotiating sponsorship agreements that fit with DFM’s strategies, while identifying new partnerships as needed.
- Fulfilling the rights negotiated with partnership deals and working with DFM’s agency to develop experiential programs and branding, signage, and event materials.
- Researching and developing strategies for agriculture awareness – and executing events and programs for this area.
- Developing promotional materials.
- Managing the provincial marketing budget.
- Planning and developing DFM’s annual report and newsletter.
- Writing and editing communication materials and website content.
You and Your Experience:
- You have completed your post-secondary education in Creative Communications or Commerce/Business Administration with a major in Marketing.
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a hands-on marketing and/or communications role.
- You are creative, organized, and possess a high attention to detail.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- You are an effective team player with the willingness to learn.
- You are a self-starter, have the ability to manage multiple tasks, and can work independently.
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment and are flexible and open to change.
- You have sound judgement and a high level of professionalism.
- You have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in graphic design and website publishing would be considered an asset.
Please note that only resumes that include a cover letter will be considered.
What Dairy Farmers of Manitoba has to offer you:
- Group benefits and life insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- New, modern office
- Positive work environment
- Free parking
About Dairy Farmers of Manitoba:
Established in 1974, Dairy Farmers of Manitoba (DFM) is a not-for-profit agriculture organization. DFM is committed to producing milk according to the highest standards of quality – and is totally financed by and represents all dairy farmers in the province. The organization values respect and integrity for all of its stakeholders, quality milk and services, being dynamic and innovative, and delivering excellence in everything they do.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at jobs.peoplefirsthr.com or by emailing your resume in confidence to Daniel Gurevich at email@example.com. For more information about this career opportunity, please call Daniel at 204.940.3986.