Being a part of IABC can open endless areas of opportunity for you in the communications industry. IABC members worldwide have leveraged our resources and their IABC connections to help them advance their careers and deliver value to their organization’s by improving business performance through effective communication.
On a local level, joining IABC Manitoba gives you access to a local network of communicators and a wide range of benefits and professional development opportunities including:
- Face-to-face networking opportunities.
- Discounts on tickets to workshops, conferences, meet-ups, webinars and more.
- Recognition and awards opportunities.
- Regular newsletters and email bulletins.
- Information about current job postings.
- Online discussions on the latest issues shaping the profession.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Knowledge Centre and online library with extensive research on effective business communication.
- Strategic communications tools, real-life case studies and ready-to-use templates.
- Professional certification opportunities.
- The collective experience of IABC’s worldwide network.
IABC is recognized as the professional association of choice for communicators who aspire to excel in their chosen fields, and is committed towards establishing and supporting the highest professional standards of quality and innovation in organizational communication.
Networking with other communicators is one of the primary benefits of IABC membership. IABC offers opportunities to network with members around the world through the IABC website, as well as face-to-face at chapter events, the Annual International Conference held in June of each year and professional development seminars held at various times and locations throughout the year.
- IABC Manitoba events take place throughout the year and allow members to tap into several networks to make vital business connections. Members often meet future collaborators, mentors, job referrals and of course, life-long friends.
- IABC’s online member directory includes members’ contact information and is fully searchable by name, company or city.
Job Search Assistance
The IABC International Job Centre lists hundreds of jobs at all levels, with many job postings made available exclusively to members. While the public can view the directory, only IABC members can create entries describing their services. IABC Manitoba also posts local opportunities under our Careers section as they come up!
IABC offers many resources to hone your skills, learn from the experiences of others and study new areas of interest.
- Communication World Magazine (CW) is IABC’s online magazine and is full of detailed case studies and how-to advice from long-time practitioners. With the latest news on industry research, technology, and trends, as well as interviews and analysis, Communication World is a continuing education course in itself.
- CW Bulletin is a supplement to CW and is a special monthly electronic newsletter addressing major topical concerns facing today’s communicators.
Recognition: Awards Programs and Certification
- Awards through IABC recognize excellence in communications at the international, national and chapter levels. The annual IABC Gold Quill Awards is an international competition that provides an opportunity to receive expert evaluation of the entry against IABC’s highest standards of excellence. Learn more about awards open to IABC members.
- Communicators can receive official recognition for their competence as business communicators and dedication to the profession through IABC’s new certification program. Certification is a valuable addition to any resume, and application fees are offered at a significant discount to IABC members to encourage their submission pieces.