Reporting to the Executive Director and working in collaboration with the Digital Media Manager and the Marketing and Partnerships Manager, the Bilingual Communications Coordinator will research, write, edit and publish online and hard copy documents for On Screen Manitoba in both official languages.
Eligibility (Young Canada Works internship):
As this position is funded in part by Young Canada Works, candidates must be under 30 years of age on the first day worked and have a completed post-secondary degree to be eligible.
This is a ten-month contract starting no later than October 1, 2016 (with a potential for renewal).
Responsibilities and tasks:
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and in collaboration with the Marketing and Partnership Manager and the Digital Media Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Writing/editing final reports, media releases and other materials such as the annual report, brochures, one-sheets as directed;
- Producing (writing/editing and layout) a weekly bilingual online newsletter;
- Writing/editing messages to members (industry alerts, special opportunities);
- Contributing to monthly and quarterly communications and marketing reports;
- Contributing to social media campaigns;
- Writing/editing and posting web articles daily.
- Superb communication, verbal, written and editorial skills in both official languages;
- A completed University degree in a related field;
- Comprehensive understanding of the digital communications;
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with a diverse team that includes multiple partners and requires communication in both official languages;
- Ability to respond well to pressure in a deadline-driven environment;
- Out-of-the-box, creative thinker with outstanding troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Effective organization skills;
- Experience in the non-profit sector;
- Experience in the film/television and/or interactive media production industries an asset.
Please send your resume and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
On Screen Manitoba leads the development of a dynamic media production industry that is recognized for its world-class creative and technical talent. Our members work in all genres and formats (in English, French and Aboriginal languages) and have access to some of the best production incentives in Canada.
On Screen Manitoba mène le développement d’une industrie de la production médiatique dynamique, reconnue pour ses créatifs de calibre mondial et ses talents techniques Nos membres travaillent dans tous les genres et formats (en Anglais, Français et langues Autochtones) et ont accès aux meilleurs incitatifs de productions au Canada.
Original job listing: On Screen Manitoba