Please Note – this is NOT a Civil Service Position
P7 Professional Officer
Advertisement Number: 2001
Salary(s): P7 $70,584 – $85,979
Closing Date: March 31, 2020
If you are an energetic person who thrives in working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; and if you are interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to Executive Council, please provide your resume and cover letter outlining your education and experience related to this job posting. Interested candidates should apply by March 31, 2020.
Cabinet Communications is seeking an experienced communications professional to fill a Press Secretary position. The Press Secretary is part of the Media Relations Communications team in Executive Council. Employees in this area are technical (political) appointments and are responsible for delivering media relations for ministers and departments on all facets of their mandates.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory criminal records check, child and adult abuse registry checks
- Must have a Class 5F Drivers licence
- Must have the ability to work outside normal business hours, as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, political science, social science, or related discipline
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing news releases, speeches, presentations, articles, and other messaging
- Ability to multitask, manage issues and sensitive information
- Demonstrated sound judgement and ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge in social media and communication trends
- Previous media experience, a media background or previous media relations experience is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of government and the relationship with other levels of government is preferred
- Previous experience working with an elected official is preferred
The successful candidate will be responsible for professional communications planning, writing, research and support for various ministerial portfolios. They will ensure delivery of consistent and accurate messaging through; collaborating with departments, developing and implementing communications, strategies and materials that support the governments’ mandate. They will act as the ministerial liaisons to the media and oversee public communication.
Advertisement # 2001
Room 327 Legislative Building
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0V8
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resume and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted