PROGRAM COORDINATOR, COMMUNICATIONS – The Canola Council of Canada
Closing date: September 10th, 2018
Contact name: Patti McKenzie, Associate Consultant, Scott Wolfe Management Inc.
The Canola Council of Canada (CCC) is a full value chain organization representing canola growers, life science companies, processors and exporters. Our mission is to advance the growth and profitability of the canola industry based on innovation, sustainability, resilience and the creation of superior value for a healthier world. Currently we are seeking a: PROGRAM COORDINATOR, COMMUNICATIONS
Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, this important role is a unique and exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated and creative professional. If you have strong experience in website and graphic design, and a passion for communications, we want to hear from you.
The Program Coordinator, Communications is responsible for working with the CCC team in developing and delivering effective communications that support the mission and vision of the CCC and the canola industry.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, your primary responsibilities will include:
- developing and delivering communications tools that increase awareness and understanding of canola agronomic research and innovation, and other public affairs issues important to canola growers, crop production influencers, and other industry stakeholders;
- working with internal and external resources to plan and coordinate the continued improvement and promotion of the Canola Research Hub (an online platform that helps growers transform research findings into tangible on-farm practices);
- acting as the technical lead on CCC websites, analytics and domains;
- providing graphic design support for various communications tools across all CCC initiatives; and,
- providing support and coordination for other platforms as required (e.g. GoToMeeting, Dropbox, media monitoring).
- A post-secondary education in a Communications related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of communications or marketing.
- Strong skills in website design including HTML and WordPress.
- Strong skills in graphic design including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Project management experience including planning, budget management, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage, organize and coordinate multiple tasks, consultant contracts and relationships.
- Experience with website analytics, MailChimp, video platforms and social media platforms.
- Experience with data dashboards (i.e. Tableau), SEO and video production would be an asset.
- Knowledge of agriculture and/or canola industry would be an asset.
Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and ability.
Apply, with resume, to Scott Wolfe Management Inc. at email: firstname.lastname@example.org