Specialist, Internal Communications – True North Sports + Entertainment
Closing date: Sunday, July 29, 2018
True North Sports + Entertainment is looking for a motivated and exceptional communicator individual to join our team.
The Specialist, Internal Communications will be responsible for overall internal corporate communications initiatives and planning and leading in internal communications projects and employee communications.
What to be excited for in this role:
- Work with internal stakeholders to oversee the development of internal communications tools that support the various departments within True North and lead the development of internal content including videos and collateral material.
- Research and utilize online and multimedia platforms to effectively communicate to a dynamic and diverse group of employees.
- Create and program engaging training sessions and activities to facilitate a greater organizational understanding of internal communications and its tools.
- Support external communications during big projects.
- Collaborate closely with HR to support corporate social responsibility and charitable initiatives, especially as it relates to the True North Youth Foundation.
- Incorporate best practices to consistently measure the objectives of internal communications with a commitment to regular reporting.
- Assist with assessing, managing and identifying speaking requests for True North’s leadership group.
- Provide strategic internal communications support and guidance to departments and teams within True North.
- Provide additional administrative support when required.
What we need from you:
- A minimum of three to five years’ communications experience including internal communications with a passion for employee experience or engagement, demonstrated by a hard copy or online portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree and post-graduate diploma or certificate in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or Communications Studies.
- Ability to write creatively, competently, and consistently in both the editorial and corporate genres.
- A passionate, creative storyteller that knows how to leverage multimedia tools and possess an ability to be a passionate and genuine advocate of company culture.
- Ability to lead and communicate layouts for internal publications, reports, and other projects.
- Previous event planning experience and superior organizational skills.
- Superior attention to detail and very strong organizational skills, allowing for timely completion of tasks/schedules, that affect multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information, when required.
- Ability to desktop publish in InDesign and Photoshop will be considered an asset, along with working knowledge of other programs in Adobe’s Creative Suite and strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube.
- Previous experience telling stories with video an asset.
- English and French bilingualism is considered an asset but is not required.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations (in PDF format as one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Specialist, Internal Communications in the subject line.
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.