Job Title: Vice-President | Location: To be negotiated | Closing Date: February 7, 2018
For 50 years, the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has been the standard-bearer for professionalism in fundraising.
As the largest association of philanthropic fundraisers in the world, AFP informs the public about the fundraising profession, and protects the best interests of fundraising whenever related laws and regulations are developed.
AFP International has more than 30,000 members world-wide, with 3,800 of them in Canada. AFP promotes the importance and value of philanthropy, and enables people and organizations to practice ethical and effective fundraising by:
- supporting the growth and development of networks of fundraisers in Canada and around the world,
- providing information and resources to enable fundraisers to develop in their profession,
- establishing the ethical framework that allows fundraisers to make an impact in Canadian society, and
- promoting philanthropy and fundraising the public arena.
Over the past two decades, AFP in Canada has grown significantly. It has grown from 214 members (in 1995) to over 3,800 members in 20 professional chapters across the country. The profession and the nonprofit sector in Canada now look to AFP for leadership in a variety of areas beyond merely fundraising education and training. New technology has changed member expectations about what AFP can and should provide.
AFP Canada (formerly AFP Canadian Council) has become an important vehicle in uniting the AFP community across Canada, while the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy-Canada has become a major force in supporting new programs, initiatives and research through new revenue streams. AFP Canada was incorporated on May 1, 2017, and the inaugural Board of Directors was created in April 2017. The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada remains a partner with AFP Canada.
As a result of the new Canadian structure, AFP International (IHQ) and AFP Canada are seeking to hire a Vice President, AFP Canada to implement the work of the new structure.
In collaboration with AFP International Headquarters (IHQ), and AFP Canada Board of Directors, the Vice President, AFP Canada will support the strategic development of the fundraising profession in Canada. The Vice President builds influential alliances with government and sponsors, and serves as the voice of AFP and a champion for the fundraising profession to key Canadian audiences.
Experience & Education:
- Strong communication skills in English and fluency in French (spoken and read)
- Minimum 10 years national association work experience with demonstrable experience in chapter-relations
- Experience working with a non-profit board – board governance
- A self-starter with proven ability to work independently, and a track record of collaboration to achieve objectives
- Experience in government relations and funding processes
- Experience in media relations and demonstrated experience in planning and executing national communication programs and sponsorships
- Experience in non-profit / understanding of fundraising and philanthropic work
- Strong track record in volunteer management
- University degree in business, public administration, or social sciences
- CAE or equivalent professional designation is an asset
This search is being conducted on behalf of AFP Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
Submit your application, by visiting http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=18.
Select the ‘Apply for this Position’ tab to upload your cover letter and resume by February 7, 2018. For technical issues, please reach out to email@example.com.
If you applied for this position during the first posting period, please DO NOT apply to the second posting. Your application is on file.
For additional information please reach out to Liz Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org at 1.866.647.5149.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted online only. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.