It’s that time of year where we look around the IABC Manitoba Board of Directors table and see which seats we have available for the 2020/2021 term. The table may be split across home offices right now, but there are seats to fill. If you’re looking to make an impact on your career and profession beyond your workplace, now’s the time to take a seat at the IABC Manitoba table.
We have big roles and small ones. Every available role contributes to bringing Manitoba communicators together to network and learn from one another and industry experts.
Top 5 Reasons To Join IABC Manitoba’s Board of Directors
- Shape the professional development opportunities that are offered to you – Virtual events, workshops, accreditation: What would you like offered in Manitoba? Make your opinion count by being at the table when programming is planned.
- Boost your public profile – How well known are you in the communications industry? Your profile will increase as a board member, which can help when job seeking or hiring.
- Gain an international perspective – Create relationships with communicators in Manitoba, across Canada and internationally.
- Fuel your passion as a communicator – When’s the last time you shared your communications talent outside of your employer or communicated about a different subject matter? Restore your love for communications in communications tactics like our social media channels or member emails.
- Volunteer alongside a talented, fun group of professionals who are all committed to offering Manitoba communicators networking and professional development
Which seat at the table interests you the most?
We have the following positions available:
Membership (Focus on: Growing membership and engagement with current members)
Marketing (Focus on: Social media, website and innovative new tactics)
Finance (Focus on: Budget and financial statements and requirements of a Board of Directors)
Professional Development (Focus on: Event planning and promotion)
Save my seat! Apply by May 29
We love that you’re interested or curious about learning more.
To apply for a seat at the table:
Email a link to your LinkedIn profile or resume to email@example.com
Tell us in the email which board position interests you the most and why
Send your email by May 29.
If we want to move forward, we’ll schedule a virtual meeting with you so we can answer your questions about the Board and help determine which seat would work best for what you’re hoping to get out of your volunteer experience.