Communications Specialist- Booth University College, Winnipeg
Job Type: Full Time
Close Date: January 7, 2019
Booth University College is seeking a Communications Specialist who has the creativity, organizational, and project management skills to continue building the profile of Booth UC and support the achievement of the institution’s strategic priorities. Successful applicants will have at least three years of strong and varied generalist communications experience, and will be able to support the mission of Booth University College as an institution of Christian higher education.
Essential Functions of the Job
Reporting directly to the Director of Advancement this communications professional will:
- Work collaboratively with various departments within Booth UC
- receive their communication and marketing requirements;
- develop ideas, options and costs for presentation to the department project manager
- be responsible for effective implementation of the identified communication and marketing requirements
- Research, write, and edit clear, concise, and engaging copy for a variety of formats including magazine articles, promotional and admissions materials, website, newsletter, press releases
- Create, maintain and evaluate new and existing marketing and communications materials and activities related to print and digital advertising, social media, websites, email marketing and public relations; recommend improvements for impact, efficiencies and cost effectiveness
- Advise on and participate in the execution of effective communication plans that are consistent with strategic direction of management and that maximize promotional impact
- Develop effective, positive relationships with external service providers (design, advertising firms, etc.) to ensure that marketing is achieved with both earned and purchased media
Key Skills and Requirements for the Job
- At least three years of strong and varied communications experience
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Creative Communications (equivalent experience will be considered)
- A commitment to Christian higher education and the ability to integrate your Christian faith in the workplace.
- Strong project management skills, including project budget management, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Highly organized; able to carefully plan and manage competing priorities
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a fast-paced collaborative team and to lead on assigned projects
- Solid knowledge of social media, website trends and analytics
- The following knowledge/skills would be an asset:
- Understanding of The Salvation Army and Booth University College
- Graphic design experience
- Photography skills
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours per week and, in addition to the compensation and benefit package, it offers a stimulating academic environment, a mission-driven purpose and the opportunity to contribute to change as Booth UC moves forward on its commitment to “education for a better world”.
Apply now with cover letter and resume to Marilyn Coupland, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com Applications will be received until January 7, 2019.
About Booth University College
Booth University College is an undergraduate Christian institution centrally located in Winnipeg. We are rooted in The Salvation Army’s history of meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in society and are committed to “Education for a Better World” as described in our mission statement:
William and Catherine Booth University College, rooted in The Salvation Army’s Wesleyan theological tradition, brings together Christian faith, rigorous scholarship and a passion for service. The University College educates students to understand the complexities of our world, to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to be active contributors to society, and to know how Christian faith compels them to bring hope, social justice and mercy into our world.