New Media & Communications Officer
Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology – Winnipeg, MB
Full-Time, 35 hours/week
Position closes June 5, 2019.
The Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) offers post-secondary certificates and diplomas alongside comprehensive, integrated secondary programming, all directly linked to current labour market needs. MITT gives students a competitive edge by providing the latest technology and training for careers in the areas of Health Care and Human Services, Information and Business Technology, and Skilled Trades.
The New Media & Communications Officer is responsible for developing, planning, and executing MITT’s new media strategy, as well as providing general communication as part of the External Relations team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, plan, and maintain MITT’s presence on social media
- Lead or assist with event or other targeted social media campaigns
- Create engaging text, image, and video content to increase awareness, support recruitment, and celebrate MITT’s partnerships
- Use analytics to identify trends and insights and optimize new media activities
- Work with Creative Director and Graphic Designer to ensure all new media accounts adhere to brand guidelines
- Stay current in all social platforms to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Develop materials for key internal and external communications
- Support event-planning initiatives
- Foster relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Support development of marketing materials
- Assist in communication strategies or messages from senior leadership
Required and Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in public relations, communications, or related field
- Minimum three years of experience in new media and communications
- Expertise in multiple new media platforms
- In-depth knowledge of SEO/SEM keyword research and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective data analysis skills
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Familiarity with Canadian Press conventions (CP Stylebook, CP Caps and Spelling)
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Proficient command of English language
- Experience in web design and content production an asset
- Experience with social media management platform (Sprout Social, Hootsuite)
- Photo and video-editing skills an asset
- Experience in post-secondary education an asset
Forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote“2018-071” in the email subject line.
Salary Considerations: MITT offers a competitive salary and benefits package to all employees. Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
*We are growing, come grow with us. MITT offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.
MITT is committed to an employment equity practice that achieves a workforce reflective of the community at large. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare.
This position requires the successful completion of a Criminal Record check including vulnerable sector. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.