It’s that time of year where we look around the IABC Manitoba Board of Directors table and see which seats we have available for the 2021/2022 term.
The table may still be split across home offices, but we are looking forward to more opportunities to connect in person. If you’re looking to make an impact in your career outside of your workplace, now’s the time to take a seat at the IABC Manitoba table. We have big roles and small ones. Every available role contributes to bringing Manitoba communicators together to network and learn from one another and industry experts.
Top 5 Reasons to Join IABC Manitoba’s Board of Directors
- Shape the professional development opportunities that are offered to you – Virtual events, workshops, accreditation: What would you like offered in Manitoba? Make your opinion count by being at the table when programming is planned.
- Boost your public profile – How well known are you in the communications industry? Your profile will increase as a board member, which can help when job seeking or hiring.
- Gain an international perspective – Create relationships with communicators in Manitoba, across Canada and internationally.
- Fuel your passion as a communicator – When’s the last time you shared your communications talent outside of your employer or communicated about a different subject matter? Restore your love for communications in communications tactics like our social media channels or member emails.
- Volunteer alongside a talented, fun group of professionals who are all committed to offering Manitoba communicators networking and professional development
Which seat at the table interests you the most?
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION (2-YEAR TERM)
This position manages all IABC Manitoba correspondence, chapter documentation and logistics for board meetings. Get an inside look at chapter management as you collaborate with leaders to develop methods and procedures to strengthen the chapter.
CO-DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (2-YEAR TERM)
Plan and lead professional development opportunities based on a IABC Manitoba’s strategic goals. This position offers supervisory and collaboration experience and the opportunity to work with a team of fellow communications professionals. Gain experience in program development, marketing, management, and meeting planning.
DIRECTOR OF PARTNERSHIPS AND SPONSORSHIP (2-YEAR TERM)
Help us establish fundraising and partnership goals as you develop a plan for outreach and a targeted approach to building partnerships. This position offers supervisory and collaboration experience and the opportunity to work with a team of fellow communications professionals. Gain experience in fiscal management, business relationship development, and will exercise organizational and leadership skills.
Save your seat! The deadline to apply has been extended until May 31.
We love that you’re interested or curious about learning more. To apply for a seat at the table:
- Email a link to your LinkedIn profile or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us in the email which board position interests you the most and why
- Send your email by May 31
If we want to move forward, we’ll schedule a virtual meeting with you so we can answer your questions about the IABC Manitoba Board and help determine which seat would work best for what you’re hoping to get out of your volunteer experience.