Being a part of IABC can open endless areas of opportunity for you in the communications industry. IABC members worldwide have leveraged our resources and their IABC connections to help them advance their careers and deliver value to their organization’s by improving business performance through effective communication.
On a local level, joining IABC Manitoba gives you access to a local network of communicators and a wide range of benefits and professional development opportunities including:
- Local networking opportunities.
- Discounts on tickets to workshops, conferences, meet-ups, webinars and more.
- Recognition and awards opportunities.
- Regular newsletters and email bulletins.
- Information about current job postings.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Professional certification opportunities.
- Knowledge Centre and online library with extensive research on effective business communication.
- Strategic communications tools, real-life case studies and ready-to-use templates.
IABC is recognized as the professional association of choice for communicators who aspire to excel in their chosen fields, and is committed towards establishing and supporting the highest professional standards of quality and innovation in organizational communication.
Networking with other communicators is one of the primary benefits of IABC membership. IABC offers opportunities to network with members around the world through the IABC website, as well as face-to-face at chapter events, the IABC World Conference held in June of each year, and professional development seminars held at various times and locations throughout the year.
- IABC Manitoba events take place throughout the year and allow members to tap into several networks to make vital business connections. Members often meet future collaborators, mentors, job referrals, and of course, life-long friends.
Job Search Assistance
The IABC International Job Centre lists hundreds of jobs at all levels, with many job postings made available exclusively to members. While the public can view the directory, only IABC members can create entries describing their services. IABC Manitoba also posts local opportunities under our Careers section as they come up!
IABC equips you with tools needed to assess and plan your career in alignment with the global standards of the Communication profession.
- Career Roadmap helps you gauge where you are in your career, what competencies you need, and what steps to take to get to the next level.
- IABC Career Assessment provides you with an assessment of your current career milestone including areas of professional strength, and suggests ways to continue career development while giving access to the needed resources.
IABC offers many resources to hone your skills, learn from the experiences of others and study new areas of interest.
- Catalyst is IABC’s online magazine and is full of detailed case studies and how-to advice from long-time practitioners. It includes the latest news on industry research, technology, and trends, as well as interviews and analysis.
- IABC Academy provides online workshops for business communicators to help advance their careers and generate real business results for their organizations.
- IABC Webinars, Podcasts, Virtual events and Networking hosted at local, regional and international levels continue to create connection while providing professional development opportunities and various learning resources.
Recognition: Awards Programs and Certification
- Awards through IABC recognize excellence in communications at the international, national and chapter levels. The annual IABC Gold Quill Awards is an international competition that provides an opportunity to receive expert evaluation of the entry against IABC’s highest standards of excellence. Learn more about awards open to IABC members.
- Communicators can receive official recognition for their competence as business communicators and dedication to the profession through IABC’s new certification program. Certification is a valuable addition to any resume, and application fees are offered at a significant discount to IABC members to encourage their submission pieces.
Access to Worldwide Network of Communicators
IABC’s exclusive online social network The Hub is where you can instantly collaborate with other IABC colleagues around the world to find solutions to, discuss emerging issues or interesting developments in the profession. You can also find and/or share tools, templates, and resources to deliver results with ease, save time and broaden your global perspective.
Apart from having access to various tools and resources, membership with IABC allows you discounts on attending IABC World Conference, submitting for the Gold Quill Awards, learning in the IABC Academy, and earning your professional certification through the Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC).
Communication professionals like you, coming from various career levels, representing different industries who joined IABC have shared their thoughts on the impact IABC membership has had on their careers: Six IABC Manitoba members share their “Why”
If you are aspiring a membership with IABC, join or renew your IABC membership and be a part of the worldwide community.