Competition Number: 22-01
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Closing date: March 31, 2022
Cereals Canada is looking for a Content Writer and Digital Communications Coordinator who is detailed oriented, excellent at translating complex topics to digestible takeaways, and targeting communications to a diverse range of target audiences. You will work in a team environment to support other team members.
- Report to the Director, Communications.
- Provide expertise in web content engagement, including SEO and accessibility.
- Work with the Director to identify and develop web, digital, social media, and other communications content that supports emerging communications needs.
- Work with the Director on developing and implementing a social media content plan, writing, and managing content frequently.
- Present complex and technical information in a clear and simple manner for a variety of audiences.
- Write, upload, edit, proofread and review copy, headlines, captions, photos, video, and all other web content.
- Track and report website metrics to the Director as well as work on continuing to improve the website through the use of data.
- Support the execution of Cereals Canada’s communication strategies, content, and tactics, both in-house and with external partners and members.
- Develop content including, but not limited to, digital assets, videos, blogs, podcasts, social media posts, copywriting, and other marketing materials.
- Perform fact-checking, interviewing sources, and analyzing information communication content
- Product assistance in reviewing and ensuring the overall quality of Cereals Canada’s communication materials.
- Audit and repurpose existing, high-value content to target different audiences and mediums.
- Ensure all content is consistent with and supports the overall brand strategy and identity of members/customers.
- Ensure all content is optimized for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies and user experience: delivered on time and on brand and is consistent in style and tone.
- Maintain the best practice and develop online content standards, compliance, voice, and tone, style guides.
- Work in partnership with the Communication Coordinator to access images for content creation.
- Possess certification/diploma/degree in a relevant field such as Journalism, Communication, or Marketing.
- Have three years or above experience as a writer, editor, or content writer.
- Have strong writing and editing skills
- Be able to adapt writing style to match different styles, tones, and personalities.
- Have experience working with WordPress, Google Analytics, and Mailchimp.
- Have a record of delivering results that are on time and accurate as well as superior written and communication skills are a must.
- Have knowledge of cereals grains and agriculture would be considered an asset.
- Reside and are legally able to work in Canada.
Due to the nature of our business and our interaction with the public, it is Cereal Canada’s expectation that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in a manner approved by Health Canada. Declaring vaccination status is a condition of employment unless a request for accommodation in accordance with The Human Rights Code (Manitoba) has been received and approved by Cereals Canada. Reasonable documentation supporting any request for accommodation will be required.
Cereals Canada is a national, not-for-profit organization that unifies the value chain, connecting crop development companies, growers, exporters, and processors to deliver on its promise to advance nourishment by offering responsibly farmed premium crops that are consistent in their quality. Cereals Canada is also a globally recognized independent expert in Canadian grain milling, quality, and end-user functionality. Its goal is to increase market opportunities for millers and ensure end-user success.
Cereals Canada is proud of its diverse workforce comprised of employees who are valued for their individual skills and attributes. Employees enjoy excellent working conditions, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume including cover letter and salary expectations on or before Thursday, March 31, 2022, to:
Manager, People, and Business Resources
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.