Job Position: Manager, Communications
Job type: Regular/Full-time
Strategic Services and Public Affairs Unit
Advertisement # 39035
Salary range: $79,076.00 – $94,093.00 per year (11EX)
Closing date: May 2, 2022
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) is looking for a highly motivated individual as its Manager, Communications. This position is part of the organization’s management team and is responsible for the direction and management of the communications department, which is a part of the strategic services and public affairs unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be part of the LGCA’s management team.
- Manages corporate communications programs and initiatives, issues management, and social responsibility initiatives.
- Oversees complex communications projects including public education campaigns as well as supports organization-wide communications strategies and projects.
- Leads media and public relations, French language services coordination, and works with provincial and national stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Obtains a university degree in communications, marketing, public administration, or a related field; and have three to five years of related management experience, preferably in the public sector. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Possess diverse management and leadership skills to lead, coach, mentor, foster collaboration, provide direction, motivate staff, resolve, and manage conflicts, and maintain a high level of performance through effective human resources management practices in a unionized environment.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, stakeholders, and media; and has excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships.
- Has experience in leading the delivery of a broad range of communications services including strategic communications planning, issues management, and media relations.
- Has the ability to focus on the detail, with demonstrated organizational and time management skills to plan, balance, and manage performance, competing priorities, and workload demands while ensuring departmental standards are met.
- Has excellent critical thinking, analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills to support department and organizational goals.
- Demonstrated political acumen and the adaptability to respond to sensitive issues.
- Has experience in leading and managing large-scale projects across diverse teams, while ensuring quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated financial responsibility to manage department budgets and expenditures in a cost-conscious manner.
- Be proficient in working with Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress.
- Experience with the Francophone Affairs Secretariat and French-Language Services Policy.
- Proficiency in French.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
- Circumstances may arise where the competition may need to be withdrawn.
- The applicants:
- May be required to write a screening/selection test.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Provide the Satisfactory work performance in the preceding 12 months is required.
- For internal candidates, a positive attendance record will be a consideration in the screening process.
- Provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
The LGCA offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes: extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity leave top-up plan, family-related leave, and a defined benefit pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers) as well as ergonomic workstations, free parking, training, educational support, and career development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining the team, please provide your cover letter and résumé which clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Advertisement No. 39035
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba
1055 Milt Stegall Drive
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0Z6
Please quote your name and the advertisement number in the subject line of your email. If possible, please submit your cover letter, resume, and any other documents in PDF format (refrain from using .zip files). The LGCA does not accept links to Google Docs, DropBox, or any cloud-based storage systems as a replacement for real documents. This will eliminate formatting issues for different versions of software. Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
LGCA will consult with all applicants requesting accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided considers the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) regulates the province’s liquor, gaming, and cannabis industries. Its licenses liquor sales, service, and manufacturing; charitable gaming, gaming employees, products, and operations; and retail cannabis stores. It strives to serve the public interest by regulating these industries in a respectful, impartial, and balanced manner.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.