Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers with a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions, and supply chain expertise. To learn more about CP’s rail advantages and its purpose, culture, and strategy, please visit us.
Join an industry leader and innovator within the critical North American supply chain with a company that is committed to driving sustainable, profitable growth. As part of a collaborative and disciplined team responsible for CP’s brand and marketing communications, you will play a key role as a CP brand ambassador, digital content creator, and social media community manager.
A consummate storyteller, you are a digital native and a skilled content creator. Passionate about building online communities, you will provide hands-on social media and website support and play a transformative role in helping to elevate CP’s brand through a proactive approach to building audience engagement. Leveraging compelling content for CP’s digital communications channels, you are passionate about creating compelling content that enhances audience engagement. A true social media expert, you’re adept at managing online communities and improving engagement metrics by leveraging insights and industry trends.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE’S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create and execute content that is aligned with CP’s brand and marketing communications objectives across all digital channels (e.g., social media, website, and various microsites). This includes creating and implementing high-quality, engaging content across all social and digital channels;
- Develop and execute an editorial calendar for CP’s social media channels and website including providing recommendations on how best to execute CP’s content strategy on digital channels, leveraging expertise and best practices;
- Proactively engage followers and influencers, leveraging organic and paid tactics, to effectively increase CP’s engagement metrics;
- Participate in planning and development activities for digital marketing campaigns. This includes collaborating with external digital agencies and overseeing digital marketing activities to drive traffic to cpr.ca (e.g., SEO/SEM);
- Proactively monitor all social media channels, leveraging the most effective social listening tools and techniques. In addition, as part of your social listening responsibilities, you will report on trends, themes, or potential issues and escalating concerns in a timely manner so that they can be actioned as required;
- Monitor, measure and evaluate the effectiveness of digital content to optimize performance and increase engagement. Assist in the development of KPIs and produce regular reporting that includes key insights and recommendations;
- Support the implementation of our new corporate website, working collaboratively with business stakeholders and external vendors on branding, page building, and content migration;
- Provide support in implementing content updates (e.g., copy and graphics) for CP’s corporate website;
- Work closely with CP’s Information Services team and/or third-party vendors on bug fixes or software updates for cpr.ca;
- Assist in the education and support of internal stakeholders on social/digital media best practices to drive effective audience engagement for both internal and external audiences;
- Proactively monitor and research trends, channel utilization, audience preferences, as well as emerging technologies, tools, and applications, translating learnings into recommendations that can be implemented regularly.
The IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD HAVE:
- Post-secondary degree in digital marketing or communications.
- 3 to 5 years experience with hands-on experience in social media management and web content. management within the fields of marketing communications and/or public relations.
- Proficient in all social media channels, tools, applications, and techniques with proven skills in social media management.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience in campaign measurement and analytics/reporting.
- Creative and design skills (e.g., Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and video) are preferred.
- Experience in managing and updating website CMS content (e.g., SharePoint and Adobe Experience Manager) is preferred.
- Knowledge of inbound website marketing strategies and tactics (e.g., paid search/SEO/SEM) is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Service-oriented and committed to building effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong project management skills.
- Bilingual (English, French, and/or Spanish) would be considered an asset.
- Flexible Work Environment
- Hybrid work schedule
- The successful candidate can be based in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa, or Montreal
As an employer with a national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Job type: Fixed term of 12-18 months.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal-opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
Please click here to apply.