During these challenging times, Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is working to serve our local co-ops, customers, and communities. We are committed to supporting our local co-ops and the communities they serve. Working together to provide essential services to communities across Western Canada, we are hiring a Communications Specialist, Strategic Projects on a temporary basis reporting to the Communications and Public Relations Manager. This 2-year term position with the possibility of extension will be dedicated to supporting the CRS HR Transformation project.
Who we are: As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together.
To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs
What you’ll do: As the Communications Specialist, you will act as a key team member of the CRS HR Transformation project.
You will work within an integrated model of change management and communications, focusing on providing communications guidance and expertise in support of FCL’s portfolio of strategic priority initiatives and will:
- Operationalizes and executes change communications strategies and plans in alignment with the strategic project communications framework and toolkit. Their approach aligns with FCL Communications and the Enterprise Communications Strategy, using established FCL and CRS communications practices and channels.
- Using FCL’s strategic project communications framework and toolkit, this position supports leaders and project teams on developing and executing change communications strategies.
- Contributes to change impact reporting and capacity assessment related to FCL and Retail change initiatives, including communication of these assessments. Works closely with the Change and Communications Lead, as well as Senior Communications Advisor, Communications and Public Relations Manager and others to communicate the timing of strategic projects and support more organizational awareness of potential people impacts across FCL and the CRS.
- Supports the Organizational Change Manager, Communications and HR Organizational Learning teams to build organizational capacity and capability to improve change leadership, change execution and change communication.
Why it matters: To truly drive business transformation and growth, build organizational excellence, and support the employee experience, an end-to-end HR Transformation across the CRS was needed.
The project scope and overall implementation approach for CRS’ end-to-end HR Transformation journey includes the following work streams:
- Job Architecture
- HR Operational Model & Organizational Design
- Process Design
- Technical Strategy & Approach
- Oracle & Kronos Implementation
- Change Management & Training
- PMO/Project Management
Who you are: You are looking for a career in Strategy & Communications and:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of related post-secondary education and experience
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant progressively responsible experience in the area of strategic communications (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered). Experience contributing to change management and technology adoption projects is an asset. Experience working in the Co-operative Retailing System, or the larger co-operative sector, is an asset. Working knowledge of CP Style is a requirement
- You ideally have IABC or CPRS accreditation (CMP, APR) and are familiar with Prosci® Change Management and PMP principles or have similar change and project management training. Strong client-facing and employee communication skills, written and verbal are required. Strong change management, organizational and time management skills, are required
- You have knowledge of Human Resources with experience supporting large-scale organizational change efforts
- You have strong project management and time management skills and are familiar with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project life cycle
- You can influence others to drive change and adoption of the new technology
- You enjoy collaborating, teamwork, and engaging with key stakeholders
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others
Our FCL Communications team is currently working remotely. We anticipate that remote work will continue to be necessary in 2021. We are open to exploring ongoing remote work options with candidates on a case-by-case basis. Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation. FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work. We take the health and well-being of our team members and customers very seriously. We continue to take steps across all areas of our business and locations to keep our team members and customers safe and healthy.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by January 3, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you require support to apply for this opportunity please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note you may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies. FCLHP