Reports To: President
Location: 503-386 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB
As Marketing & Communications Specialist at Strauss event & association management you will use your creativity and attention to detail to write, proofread and edit communications for Strauss and clients. In your role you oversee the Content Writer and coordinate with external suppliers providing graphic design and website development services. You will ensure that all website content and social media platforms are consistently up to date, while consistently communicating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the highest quality standard.
Strauss is Canada’s most connected event and association management company with over 25 years of experience in managing healthcare and business associations and delivering signature events. We offer the expertise and industry knowledge to produce exceptional events and we elevate the performance of our association clients. Strauss is Canada’s first accredited association management company, and a proud member of the AMC Institute.
▪ Write, edit, and proof marketing and communications content for publications, newsletters, emails, and reports;
▪ Coordinate translation of materials with external supplier;
▪ Send e-blasts on behalf of associations and Strauss;
▪ Manage Strauss and client website content;
▪ Manage all social media accounts in various platforms;
▪ Create and post blog content to platforms; ensure blog schedule is up-to-date;
▪ Create sales and marketing proposals;
▪ Oversee client award programs and awards marketing;
▪ Represent client associations at trade shows;
▪ Promote client association events through advertising; manage advertising schedule;
▪ Assist client association chapters with event management and communications;
▪ Coordinate external graphic design and website development suppliers; and
▪ Assume other Communications projects as required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
▪ Post-secondary degree in Communications, Digital Media or related field;
▪ Minimum 3 years’ communications experience;
▪ Ideally fully bilingual in French and English – both verbal and written, and possess exceptional writing skills;
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite;
▪ Skilled in website administration (WordPress) and the use of social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter;
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds;
▪ Strong organizational and time management skills, coupled with the ability to effectively plan and prioritize;
▪ Proactive, driven and self-motivated;
▪ Ability to quickly adapt to change and manage multiple priorities;
▪ Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team; and
▪ Must be available to travel approximately 10 days per calendar year as required.
Interested applicants can send their resume directly to email@example.com
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop, and advance within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.