Advertisement # 41872
Communications Department, Strategic Services and Public Affairs Unit
Closing Date: October 18, 2023
Salary Range: $63,813 – $75,274 per annum (6XH)
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) regulates the province’s liquor, gaming, cannabis, and horse racing industries. We license liquor sales, service and manufacturing, gaming employees, products and operations; retail cannabis stores; and horse racing. We strive to serve the public interest by regulating these industries in a respectful, impartial, and balanced manner.
The LGCA is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Communications Department, which is part of the Strategic Services and Public Affairs Unit. The Public Education Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating public education and information campaigns in support of LGCA’s social responsibility mandate.
The successful candidate must have:
- A degree in communications, marketing, journalism, social sciences, or a related discipline; and three to five years’ experience developing public education or awareness campaigns and materials for diverse audiences. A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to review and interpret research in order to develop effective approaches and messaging for public education or awareness campaigns.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Strong personal initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity to seek and experiment with innovative solutions to communications challenges.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy with proficiency in proofing and editing.
- Demonstrated financial responsibility to manage program and campaign budgets.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects while achieving high-quality results.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated political acumen with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential materials and situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365.
The following qualifications are desired:
- Proficiency in French.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
Your cover letter and résumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
The Public Education Coordinator develops, implements, and evaluates evidence-based campaigns and programs to educate the public about the safe use and participation with liquor, cannabis, gambling, and horse racing. The incumbent works in collaboration with colleagues and external stakeholders to identify community and public engagement opportunities. As a member of the communications team, the incumbent creates materials for traditional and social media, websites and other external communications. The incumbent works with creative agencies to collaborate on the development of materials, as well as with the government’s Communications and Engagement Division to research, budget, prepare and execute media plans.
- An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
- Applicants may be required to write a screening/selection exercise/test.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Circumstances may arise where the competition may need to be withdrawn.
- A positive attendance record will be a consideration in the screening process.
- Satisfactory work performance in the preceding 12 months is required.
- A satisfactory criminal record check is a condition of employment.
The LGCA has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity leave top-up plan, family related leave and a defined benefit pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Training, educational support and career development opportunities are also available.
Advertisement #: 41872
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba
1055 Milt Stegall Drive
Winnipeg MB R3G 0Z6
Please quote your name and the advertisement number in the subject line of your email. Please submit your cover letter, resumé and any other documents in PDF format. The LGCA does not accept .zip files or links to Google Docs, Dropbox, or any cloud-based storage systems as a substitute for PDF documents.
LGCA will consult with all applicants requesting accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided considers the applicant’s individual accessibility needs. Employment equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Visit LGCAmb.ca to learn more about the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba.