Application Deadline: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Position Type: Full-time; Contract June 2019 to December 2020
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
The Manitoba 150 Host Committee Inc. is hiring!
We are in search of a Communications Manager who will develop and execute communications and media strategies in support of all Manitoba 150 Host Committee Inc. activities. The Communications Manager is responsible for helping to raise awareness of various MB150 events, initiatives and activities around the province in celebration of Manitoba’s 150th Anniversary in 2020.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Director, and is based in our Winnipeg office.
Please note this is a contract role with an expected end date of December 31, 2020.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare communications plans, reports, briefs, presentations and media materials that serve to promote awareness about all Manitoba 150 events, programs and initiatives.
- Create and manage communication strategies to enhance MB150’s reputation and stature and increase the number of visitors to our social media accounts and events.
- Develop and execute communication strategies that will ensure effective coverage and information of the programming through all levels of media, including all social media platforms.
- Manage the development of MB150 publications, ensuring the products are well branded, consistent in content, and informative to relevant populations.
- Lead communications to support Marketing goals and objectives.
- Create media pitches and connect with media on key opportunities.
- Respond to information requests and provide accurate and timely information to media and the public.
- Manage communications issues across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Monitor media coverage and prepare briefing materials for the CEO and Co-Chairs of the Board.
As the successful candidate for the role, you are/have:
- Bilingual (French & English) considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, and a minimum of two to five years of experience of related communications experience. An acceptable equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, PowerPoint), preferably including experience with social media.
- Strong organizational, consulting and written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized in order to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Collaborative relationship-builder.
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
About the Application Process
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.