Job Number: 89
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: February 6, 2022
Professional Areas: Career Opportunities
United Way Winnipeg seeks a highly dynamic, collaborative, savvy writer to join its marketing team. You’ll play a critical role in the voice of United Way Winnipeg as you create content, messaging, and marketing creative. This is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on, innovative writer who is excited to inspire our community. You will be busy, supported, respected, and an excellent company.
- Has a passion for being in the middle of the brand, working with a team to nurture United Way Winnipeg’s identity through world-class creative.
- Loves writing marketing copy, fundraising communications, inspiring stories, speeches, social, annual reports, and public relations.
- Appreciates meeting and interviewing community members with an eye for detail and accuracy while synthesizing complex information into inspiring stories.
- Cares about voice and communicating in a variety of styles for diverse audiences as well as adapt your voice to each project with ease.
- Is dedicated to copy editing and proofreading with a strong understanding of grammar and style, and know-how important to pay attention to the smallest details.
- Is at peace with a pace of work that is never boring.
- Appreciates meeting tight deadlines with excellent work.
- Loves being part of a group of people dedicated to inspiring Winnipeggers to improve the lives of Winnipeggers.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, English, or Advertising and two to four years related experience.
- A proven ability to write marketing copy, speech writing, and storytelling for a variety of audiences and perspectives from corporate, to donors, and the community.
- An exceptional ability to edit and consistently apply the rules of grammar and style.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative, imagination, and resourcefulness.
- A critical thinker with strong problem-solving ability.
- The ability to collaborate closely with other staff and volunteers.
- A strong time management skill with a track record of handling multiple assignments at once.
- Experience in fundraising communications is an asset.
- The ability to learn and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment and the ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
United Way Winnipeg offers opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career! It offers excellent benefits including free health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, paid sick leave, and a great vacation package. It also has a flexible work environment with remote work capability and is a fun and supportive workplace.
It is committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce that reflects the demographics of the communities we serve. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare. It is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process.
Individuals applying for employment with United Way Winnipeg may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources. All information received as it relates to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Marnie Freeman, Director, Talent Management at email: email@example.com by February 6, 2022.